Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Has anyone ever sold/bought a car off ebay?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone ever sold/bought a car off ebay?
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If so how was your experience? please specify if you were the buyer or seller
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buyer. I investigated the seller thoroughly beforehand. In my case, it was a dealer out of Bend Oregon, they had a website and a 100% rating on their transactions. I contacted the seller before hand stating that I was ready to buy their car. Then there was constant communication of money transfer confirmation, paperwork shipment confirmation, vehicle delivery tracking and confirmation.

You may also want the seller to skype you while he does a walkaround of the car, turing it on etc so you feel a little more comfortable. This was for my 2013 Shelby GT500 and it had 3k miles on it so I was pretty confident that it was in top condition.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
tooslowfiveo
¯
Member # 11511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tooslowfiveo  Ford pictures for tooslowfiveo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buyer, bought completely sight unseen without a pdi. After some odd things were handled like a cracked rad, the car has been great. 2010 crown vic interceptor
Posts: 162 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive sold a car to a guy in new orleans, went pretty smooth, i actually had it on craigslist and the guy called me and wanted so i put it on ebay and he set up all the shipping all i did was drop it off and go

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buyer. I bought my 66 fastback from a seller in Virginia. Had an independent company do an inspection of the car, and had the car shipped to me here. I did a lot of research on the seller to make sure I was comfortable, and he was very patient.

Tracked it the entire way, and I've had the car for over 5 years now. The wait was the hardest part.

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife bought a '65 Galaxie off of eBay about 12 years ago. Looked at the pics, won the auction ($850) and went and picked it up and drove it home.

[ 2014-04-23, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've sold 2 cars on eBay.

No problems either time, the only thing that sucks is they charge ~$150 in fee's once your car sells on eBay.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com