Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » gym time (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: gym time
its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I figure its time I get in much better shape.i stated the gym and went for 2 weeks but wanna get super serious.any recommend supplements or pre work out shakes????any info would be greatly appreciated thx guys [patriot]
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
D Bol, sustonan, gh

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just eat clean. Dont spend money on protein shakes. They have too many cal.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:

+1, and none of those protein shakes and supplements are regulated by the FDA.
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What the hell you need protein to help your muscles recover and build...they have low calorie shakes at max muscle. ..

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

jdowd
¯
Member # 10746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdowd  Ford pictures for jdowd    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Optimum Gold standard whey. 24 grams of protein with only 120 calories in each serving. Its what I take post workout. Optimum amino energy is what I use for a preworkout. I don't use it all the time but very helpful for the days your dragging ass. No I'm not some rep for optimum. Just been really happy with there products. Of course all the sups you take are pointless with out a good clean diet.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been lifting for a while the go to supplements are BCAA (branch chain amino acids) Whey protein, glutamine, one a day multi vitamin and fish oil tablets. Eat clean and start counting your macros so you know exactly what your eating and how to tweak it if your not getting your results. To start I'd intake about 1.5 grams of protein per lean body weight, .4-.6 grams of Mono and Poly unsaturated fat per lean body weight and fill the rest of your calories with complex carbs to help fuel your workout and help your muscles recover.
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 fobra:
quote:

What the hell you need protein to help your muscles recover and build...they have low calorie shakes at max muscle. ..
+1
brandon151
¯
Member # 12990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for brandon151  Ford pictures for brandon151    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive been around the fitness world for a while, and im about to be a certified personal trainer. PM me and ill shoot you some advice.
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Musclepharm has some stuff...best thing to remember is to eat something within the 30 min anabolic window after your workout

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
18 1/2 165lbs Nov 2012 (no supplements)
18 174lbs 2013 New years (no supplements)
18 181lbs 2013 Summer ( Gnc Pro Performance Amplified)
and (gnc protein powder rebuilt mass)
19 187lbs 2014 New years (Ate shit load of food No supplements)
19 197 Now as of today ( taking gnc vitamins)

Protein shakes are whatever to me but in my opinion I rather buy Meat! I understand if you don't have time to cook.
Stay away from prework out that shit is addicting, watch bodybuilding motivational videos from youtube and it's for free or bring your dre beats!

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 fobra:
quote:

That's why you eat....

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
18 1/2 165lbs Nov 2012 (no supplements)
18 174lbs 2013 New years (no supplements)
18 181lbs 2013 Summer ( Gnc Pro Performance Amplified)
and (gnc protein powder rebuilt mass)
19 187lbs 2014 New years (Ate shit load of food No supplements)
19 197 Now as of today ( taking gnc vitamins)

Protein shakes are whatever to me but in my opinion I rather buy Meat! I understand if you don't have time to cook.
Stay away from prework out that shit is addicting, watch bodybuilding motivational videos from youtube and it's for free or bring your dre beats!

Pre work out stuff like amino acids do work especially when your tired! Your only 19 bro you should not need it but you wait till you get older you will trust me!!!
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Join Crossfit..lol literally the fastest way for results for overall fitness. Supplements are good only if you have no time for an actual post meal. There are 3 different type of whey proteins to look into, and gotta decide which is best to your fitness goal. (Whey Protein isolate, Whey Protein concentrate, & Whey Protein Blend.)

Whey protein isolate - the purest forum of protein, most amount of protein per serving and literally zero to no carbs, lactose and fat. fast digesting. (good for shredding, more expensive)

Whey protein concentrate - contains more calories than isolate, highest levels of fat and lactose. digesting time is long (typically good for gains, pricing is cheapest and taste is great)

Whey protein blend (most popular) - is the mixture of both isolate and concentrate, has higher amino acid profile.

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just use steroids, it's the same shit. IMO

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys I guess the best thing to do is try out both ways and see what works betterfor me.thx guys
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by its50:
Thanks guys I guess the best thing to do is try out both ways and see what works betterfor me.thx guys

Agreed, your gona wana try out different stuff to see what works for your body.

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SL0BRA650:
quote:

Agreed, your gona wana try out different stuff to see what works for your body.
And remember NO PAIN NO GAIN!

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

This^^^ pro hormones are the exact same thing as protein

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SantaClara_Cobra:
quote:

wow really? so eating a piece of chicken breast is the same as injecting in pro hormones? I only drink protein shakes if I don't have time but usually I prep all my meals on Sunday and Wednesday nights, I go through about 10 lbs of chicken per week.

--------------------
03 Terminator

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by SantaClara_Cobra:
quote:

wow really? so eating a piece of chicken breast is the same as injecting in pro hormones? I only drink protein shakes if I don't have time but usually I prep all my meals on Sunday and Wednesday nights, I go through about 10 lbs of chicken per week.
You're barley finding this out

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

This is why I'm so buff and eat chick fil a all day

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I figure its time I get in much better shape.i stated the gym and went for 2 weeks but wanna get super serious.any recommend supplements or pre work out shakes????any info would be greatly appreciated thx guys [patriot]

Cheap and healthy. Believe it or not, but an 8 fl oz glass of chocolate milk after every workout helps your muscles recover!!

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
quote:

Cheap and healthy. Believe it or not, but an 8 fl oz glass of chocolate milk after every workout helps your muscles recover!!

Charles [patriot]

Yeah I buy a gallon of whole milk and put a scoop or 2 of chocolate whey for post workout.

Check out the buff dude's youtube channel for some cool protein snacks and meals.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
quote:

Charles [patriot]

Yeah I buy a gallon of whole milk and put a scoop or 2 of chocolate whey for post workout.

Check out the buff dude's youtube channel for some cool protein snacks and meals.

Dairy fat is the worst fat you can possibly consume. Go with almond milk and buy whey protein isolate to help your muscles recover faster.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com