Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » reliability of 05+ mustang gt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: reliability of 05+ mustang gt
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, I only have experience with fox body mustangs, My question is how are the 05 gt models for daily drivers? Ive found one at a fair deal but the mileage is 145k, well taken care of but the miles do worry me. Are they cheap to fix/work on? any input is very much appreciated. TIA [patriot]
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are as easy as other mustangs to work on. Parts do cost a bit more than fox parts. I would try to stay 07+ Mine has been reliable. Bought it around November of 2011 with 63k miles got almost 95k now. Took it from texas to Cali and back and to Colorado and back to tx all without a single hiccup. Still wouldn't hesitate on taking it on road trips to anywhere and I took it to the drag strip ran hi 13s stock everything minus 3:73s

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also it handles well. Probably one of the best body styles since fox and interior is my favorite part with the whole retro looking dash.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Coyote or bust

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Coyote or bust

the car is around 9k so its quite a bit cheaper.
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Everything I said forget it I hear a ticking noise that wasn't there before time to trade this bitch in lol

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Everything I said forget it I hear a ticking noise that wasn't there before time to trade this bitch in lol

lol, thanks for the input everyone
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They make very good daily drivers. Thinking about picking one up myself for a daily driver.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

any specifics to check for? as stated the miles are high so any notorious issues?
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
quote:

lol, thanks for the input everyone
Just messin lol. Your paying 9 for it? I was thinking of selling mine for 11 guess I should ask more.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

paying 8, 9 is after tax/reg
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
paying 8, 9 is after tax/reg

ok makes sense. they are definitely great daily drivers and you can get anywhere from 280 - 350 miles to the tank all dpending on how you drive. only bad thing Is the headrests have a very awkward position other than that they are comfortable

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Probably one of the best body styles since fox

Not

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
96stang4.6
¯
Member # 9970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96stang4.6  Ford pictures for 96stang4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stock spark plugs are two piece and they are notorious for breaking in half when changing the plugs, had to change altonator 2 times in 75K miles the 1st one was the stock unit at 65K then the replacement had a bad bearing so it was replaced again other than that get used to wheel hop and that's it

[ 2014-04-15, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: 96stang4.6 ]

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
Probably one of the best body styles since fox

Not
Looking at ur sig it seems like u like sn95 but to each their own.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ I love all mustangs,have owned many all different and unique in there own way,a sig means squat..when done right any mustang can be sick but to say an 05-09 s197 is the best looking mustang since a fox is just craziness and biased,makes sense you feel that way considering you own one though,to each there own I guess [Wink]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just traded in my wife's 2008 GT. We bought it with 34k miles on it, and traded it in at 60k. She drove it 7500 miles a year.

Not a single problem. Was a nice car, I have no idea what happens between 60k and 145k though, lol!

We got $14k for her car, a fully loaded premium convertible with factory hid/nav/interior ambient lighting/mycolor dash/leather/etc. I think it was worth more but needed the down payment for her new car.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com