Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I don't like it when ....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't like it when ....
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People leave notes taped to my car asking if it's for sale! If it was for sale it would have a " For Sale " sign!!!!

Today's note was a bit strange and with all the news of a lot of cars being stolen it makes me even more suspicious of the actual intent of the note.

In short the note stated that this person was in need of a car "ASAP" and the call back number was a 510 area code.

I'm not saying that people in the 510 all have bad intentions but it's strange to me that someone from 510 is in San Jose neighborhoods leaving notes on random cars that aren't for sale?? They are obviously trying to find out if the cars are modded and worth stealing. Good thing my car's engine is blown...and I know I sound paranoid but can you blame me?! I'm keeping this number just in case...

Rant over!

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had people walk up my driveway to ask if mine is for sale. I said no. They walked away. Take it as a compliment!

[ 2014-03-28, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get used to it especially if you daily drive it

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
FobraJay
¯
Member # 13344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FobraJay  Ford pictures for FobraJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
I have had people walk up my driveway to ask if mine is for sale. I said no. They walked away. Take it as a compliment!

+1

sometimes they don't even have money to even buy it its just a way of starting a conversation with the owner of the car or a way of telling you its nice. [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Mustang
1986 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang Coupe
2001 ZY SlowBra

Posts: 217 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2013  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by J's DDLY SNK:
People leave notes taped to my car asking if it's for sale! If it was for sale it would have a " For Sale " sign!!!!

Today's note was a bit strange and with all the news of a lot of cars being stolen it makes me even more suspicious of the actual intent of the note.

In short the note stated that this person was in need of a car "ASAP" and the call back number was a 510 area code.

I'm not saying that people in the 510 all have bad intentions but it's strange to me that someone from 510 is in San Jose neighborhoods leaving notes on random cars that aren't for sale?? They are obviously trying to find out if the cars are modded and worth stealing. Good thing my car's engine is blown...and I know I sound paranoid but can you blame me?! I'm keeping this number just in case...

Rant over!

I do that all the time. That's what I do I buy cars that look like they need work or have been sitting for some time.

Those are the cars you get the best deals on

If you don't want them asking you get a car cover and keep it out of eyes view.

You don't leave a note to come steal a car later

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had a guy come ring my door Bell at home asking if my car was for sale

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why is it so weird that people from the "510" are in San Jose? Lol I'm there all the time with family if I see a car that looks like it's worth asking if the guy wants to sell it im going to ask. Cash talks right.

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the area code on a cell phone is really only an indicator of where they lived in ~2005 or so.

who the hell changes their phone number on their cell phone when they move? Thought so [Wink]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hate/avoid conversations with strangers about cars when they start with, "ay, you got posi?"

lol

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by totalkaos92:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by J's DDLY SNK:
[qb]You don't leave a note to come steal a car later

LMAO!

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com