Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread (Page 20)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  25  26  27   
Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilber650:
No I mobile tech and service jfc down the road from there. Haha I would say is perfect parking , car definitely catches attention man

I started parking like that cus during the holidays I got blocked in a couple times. Hired so many seasonal people there was no parking. Holidays are over but I still park like that haha

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bored today so I made a quick video with revs, flybys and stuff.

Click here!!!

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I originally wanted black wheels but the ones I wanted were back ordered...I just powder coated the Niche' Milans I had on my car. Took a get to get the car back.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ 2015-06-10, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

-

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
I originally wanted black wheels but the ones I wanted were back ordered...I just powder coated the Niche' Milans I had on my car. Took a get to get the car back.

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

Lookin good T!!!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

Lookin good T!!!
Thanks Mark!!

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
 -

-

-

How did you do at the track?

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
 -

-

-

How did you do at the track?

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I couldnt make a full pass, slick dancing like a mofo. These wheels are too narrow for the slicks. MT says you can use wheels +/- 1" vs. The tread width. The tread width on these is 8.7", these wheels are 7.5" which is .2" too small, I didnt think it would be a big deal. I started off at 18psi and had to shut it down before the 1/8 mile. Still ran a 12.0@100mph coasing with 1.86 60' but I damn near put it was dancing all over. Raised the pressure up to 25psi per Caseys recommendation. Cut a 1.9 60' shut it down a little after 1/8th mile 12.3@113 still slick dancing at 25psi. I also noticed the outer edges had more wear than the center of the tire, so the tires were distorted as a result of the rim being too narrow. I found some 16x8.5" rims that should work out a lot better.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Yeah it's not fun skating down the track like that. Once you get it all straightened out, you'll probably need a roll bar in that thing. I'm a little hesitant going... Don't want to break something before its paid off.

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Coyotes don't need cages until 9.99 or faster I believe, definitely not that fast, especially at sac raceway. I'm thinking mid/low 11's without trying too hard, slipping the clutch for launched instead of clutch dumps etc. 10's balls to the wall.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Coyotes don't need cages until 9.99 or faster I believe, definitely not that fast, especially at sac raceway. I'm thinking mid/low 11's without trying too hard, slipping the clutch for launched instead of clutch dumps etc. 10's balls to the wall.

Roll bar and a roll cage are two different things.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Yeah I think you need a roll bar at 11.49. I was required to get at least a 6pt when I had my vert that was in the 11.40s

--------------------

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Yeah I think you need a roll bar at 11.49. I was required to get at least a 6pt when I had my vert that was in the 11.40s
you sir are correct.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Have any of you guys removed the clutch assist spring on your coyotes? My clutch got stuck near the floor several times during high RPM shifts. I read that removing the spring was the fix... The clutch feels pretty good now...its more firm and seems to shift better...haven't tested it at high RPMs yet though.

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Have any of you guys removed the clutch assist spring on your coyotes? My clutch got stuck near the floor several times during high RPM shifts. I read that removing the spring was the fix... The clutch feels pretty good now...its more firm and seems to shift better...haven't tested it at high RPMs yet though.

So far mine hasn't got stuck even when I was running up to 7400 before to make it through the traps in 4th gear

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

New CDC upper grill and Roush lower grill... Almost done with the mods...just an E85 tune and maybe a hood. #VADER50

-

-

-

-

-

[ 2015-06-10, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

What's your mileage like on e85

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
What's your mileage like on e85

I haven't done the E85 mod yet...that's maybe next on the list. I hear it's not that great on mileage though. I still need to get a 20v BAP too.

--------------------

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Must have missed this thread:

Stock:

-

Parts on order:

BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
BMR Adjustable Pan Hard Bar
Bilstein HD Shocks/Struts
Ford Racing K Springs
Eibach Front and Rear Coil Overs
GT500 Rear Wing, pre-painted
Front billet upper/lower grille
Barton Short Throw Shifter
Barton 2pc Bracket for the shifter
JTL Cold Air Intake w/ X4 tuner and BAMA V2 tune

AMR Charcoal Rims 20x8.5/20x20 / 255/35/20 + 285/30/20

Already installed the Roush A/B exhaust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xKtCDjRp9Y

And a bunch of stereo shit (Deck, dash kit, subs, speakers amps ect

[ 2015-06-10, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bump! [Whoo Whooooo!]

The car is on coilovers, put the brembo calipers on and painted the rims.

-
 -

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking sweet

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Photo Andy took during the magazine shoot this past Sunday.

-

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  25  26  27   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com