Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » street outlaws ,new tv series (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: street outlaws ,new tv series
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its basically if the top 10 grudge kings put on a bunch of videos of them racing on the streets. Talked a bunch of shit on yellow bullet, got some national attention and then approached by a production company to do a TV show. The TV show has to put on a production to be as real as possible, the guys on the show just have to be themselves and be entertaining. Which it sounds like they did a pretty good job cause there were a couple of weeks where both them and Fast and Loud ended up being #1 and #2 this season. So I'm sure the last couple of weeks being in so cal means they are probably negotiating and planning season 2 here very shortly.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't say anything about street legal...

So if U put an off-road pipe on ur stock 5.0 now ur a racecar?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlo:

Yes. Per Cali law. Off road use only. Means not street legal. That means as per law you aren't allowed to drive it on the street. So If you can't drive it on the street. It's a race car.

Now I say. Insurance, tags, pump gas, dot approved tires. = Street car.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

Yes. Per Cali law. Off road use only. Means not street legal. That means as per law you aren't allowed to drive it on the street. So If you can't drive it on the street. It's a race car.

What about mufflers?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
quote:
quote:

What about mufflers?
Its been a couple of years now, but as long as you have cats you are street legal. You can take off mufflers and be "smog" legal but maybe not sound legal.

--------------------

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
quote:
quote:

What about mufflers?
Its been a couple of years now, but as long as you have cats you are street legal. You can take off mufflers and be "smog" legal but maybe not sound legal.
I was talking more about the race car/street car debate.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just don't get it. If a car is unreliable or inefficient to the point you really can't or won't drive it to you're race, and you're going to put it on a trailer anyways... Why not just take it to the track?

When I think of a street car, I think of something you can mash around all Sunday and smoke the shit out of whatever else you may come across. (Not that I am capable of smoking more than a Honda)

--------------------
86' LX Vert

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Run what ya brung, doesn't matter I you got 1 million hp, it's all about getting down the track on the street.

--------------------

MADMAVERICK
¯
Member # 10959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADMAVERICK  Ford pictures for MADMAVERICK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool show i like it . dont hate just enjoy the show or turn the fkn channel LOL !

--------------------
1971 MAVERICK grabber
1962 ranchero
2017 MUSTANG ECHOBOOST
2017 FORD ESCAPE
2005 ROADKING
2005 DODGE RAM

BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone watch the season premier last night?

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
G body or nobody
Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://youtu.be/A8U2iO7xrRU

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com