Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 67 Shelby GT500 Clone (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: 67 Shelby GT500 Clone
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Things have changed a bit since winter is almost here. I'm going to be focusing more on the mechanical stuff, and less on the paint, for good reason...

The cold weather complicates storage and transporting the car since I live up in the snow. I really don't want to be transporting this car up the hill in the middle of a snow storm! So, I've made a decision and I've told the body shop to take their time, and maybe even put things off for a bit, in anticipation for final paint in late winter/ early spring. That works out better for both of us actually. (don't get me wrong I'd love to see it painted) but I do have plenty of other things I can do on the car in the mean-time.

So it all works out. They can get some other things done on their end since they are so busy, and I can get some things done on my end as well, and I don't have to worry about juggling a car with a fresh paint job in the middle of winter. ...That's just a tragedy waiting to happen.

So, I hope everyone is up for a change of pace?

...On the mechanical forefront, I'm looking at buying my brakes (12" drilled and slotted Wilwoods front and rear) and of course I'll be looking into the engine a bit more, as well as the suspension. Another thing I'm entertaining is a manual trans swap. ...I just installed a "Modern Driveline" hydraulic clutch setup with a T5 swap, in a customer's car and I REALLY LIKE IT. I'd like to do tubular front suspension and a few other trick items under the car as well. We'll see how it goes! [Smile] Still working on the heads, they should be going into the machine shop soon for some final work. [Smile]

I'll still be posting on here putting up pics regularly on everything I'm doing, there just wont be much regarding paint for a little while longer.

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so hmmmmm, might be getting a 408 stroker short block from FPS.. The deal is in the works, we'll see if it happens! [Smile]

--------------------

940sick3
CAFords OG
Member # 2713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 940sick3  Ford pictures for 940sick3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^ [worship]

--------------------
87 5.0 LX coupe
68 Falcon futura sports coupe

Posts: 552 | From: everywhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking good brandon. Sucks I dont work there anymore to see it as it is finished. Are you going to open track it at all? what brakes are you running? Im not assuming stock, but with you I can never tell lol
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<Sup? Thanks! Wilwoods are in the plans, same kit as Brian has on his race car, but we'll see what happens. I can never tell with me either! lol. I just go with what comes my way. I would love to open track the car when I get the suspension dialed in.

[ November 18, 2010, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Port work is completed on the heads, dropped them off at the machine shop the other day for a little freshening up. [Smile]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe Thanksgiving!! [Smile]

Looks like I'm moving back down to the city in February so I'm glad I put the paint off for a bit. At least the car car can stay where it's at since it's already down there now. Trying to move the car up here then back down there would be a real pain in the butt!

Let's hope the move doesn't break me too bad financially, otherwise I'm still planning on having the car done in Spring. SO far the time-frame is looking good.

[ November 28, 2010, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PROGRESS!!!

Just dropped off the wheels, tires, and suspension today. The guys at red star are going to get the ride-height and fender lips all dialed in and then its time to shoot it!!! [Smile]

I'm excited!

[ January 15, 2011, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What suspension set up? How much are you gonna lower from stock height?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bad ass [worship]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks pure stang

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
What suspension set up? How much are you gonna lower from stock height?

For now I'm going with reverse-eye leafs in the rear, shelby t-bars, GW subframe connectors, Drake upper and lower o/e style fronts with slightly cut 620 springs. Eventually I'd like to go watts link or 4-link in the rear with coil-over fronts. Ride height will be as low as I can get it with the current wheels and tires. Those will be my only limitation. [Smile] As far as the brakes I'm going with 12" Wilwoods, drilled and slotted on all 4 corners.

[ January 15, 2011, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

D.R.E
¯
Member # 10484

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.R.E  Ford pictures for D.R.E    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice good find nothing like a classic

--------------------
Local 3 Operating Engineers member
1991 titanium frost coupe
1991 x chp coupe

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<thanks! They are getting hard to find in restorable shape.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Here are the back wheels with rear springs installed, It actually sits about an inch lower than in the pic (since the front is sitting up on the lift) and it will also go down a bit more when the rear seat and upholstery is installed. I have always been a bit sketchy about the wheels but I got a really good deal on them and I do actually think they will look good with the "scheme" of things once the car is all done. I'm going to give them a try and if I don't like em on the finished product I'll try something different. [Smile]

-

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the rim size?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

20x9 in the rear and 18x8.5 in front

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of wheels are they? I'm not really feeling how they look, especially on your car, but I guess i'll have to wait and see how they look when the car is finished up.Props to you for doing something different though.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those rims will look tight once the cars back together... wow.. those are 20's in the rear?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

I think the color scheme is going to be what ties it all together. Yep 20's on the rear. They fit really well.

Here's a pic with all 4 wheels on. Note the front is up about 2" too high, this is with the "so-called" 1-inch drop 620 springs. Cutting a coil out on Monday. Should make it just right. [Smile]

-
 -
 -

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yget some 315 in tires in that beast! [patriot] looking good

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
I think the color scheme is going to be what ties it all together. Yep 20's on the rear. They fit really well.

Here's a pic with all 4 wheels on. Note the front is up about 2" too high, this is with the "so-called" 1-inch drop 620 springs. Cutting a coil out on Monday. Should make it just right. [Smile]

-
 -
 -

Is the engine in?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:

-
 -
 -

I have to admit that I wasn't feeling them when I just seen a shot of the rears, but once I seen front and rears on I'm deff feeling them and can visualise how good they are going to look once that beauty is put back together...I like them...two thumbs up from me on these rims... [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha.. 620 coils = 1" drop.. i found out the same thing as u.. no drop what so ever, but then again the old coils were compressed from years of abuse.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

for reals! lol. If mine decide to sag over time I'll buy a new set (they are cheap)or just add the 1" upper spacer.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  20  21  22   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com