Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 3g upgrde 90% complete. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 3g upgrde 90% complete.
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] finally finished putting together my 3g upgrade. i just got back from pepboys(only place that had it in stock)and i turned in the stock 2g in as a core and had them swap te pulleys over.the stock 3g pulley is fukkin huge [Eek!] the 2g fit inside of it. now i just have to borrow a dremel to clearence the bracket and install it.

-

[ January 23, 2006, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where goggles when using the dremel. The aluminum bracket is so soft you can even use a hack saw and a file, but a dremel will be cleaner.

--------------------
Bring It . . .

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NO MANRZ:
Where goggles when using the dremel. The aluminum bracket is so soft you can even use a hack saw and a file, but a dremel will be cleaner.

id rather use a dremel to make it come out cleaner and not all jaged,i might be able to have it donw tonight.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where did you get that harness? Looks clean.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Where did you get that harness? Looks clean.

paperformance.com
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude, its not complete until its bolted on the car

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by blind:
dude, its not complete until its bolted on the car

i know, the parting it together is complete, i just need to borrow a dremel and get the 3/8 bolt and nut
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice, Iam lagging on doing mine I keep on putting it off.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by PWR HNGRY 302:
Nice, Iam lagging on doing mine I keep on putting it off.

same here, ive been saying im going to do this for the past 6 months
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL I keep putting it off to I need to just go out and buy the stuff.

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

ok i tried installin the alt today, but the bolt for the lower hole doesnt fit into the alt, and i looked at all of the other write ups for the 3g upgrade and they all say that you reuse the lower bolt, anybody have idea's?
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
ok i tried installin the alt today, but the bolt for the lower hole doesnt fit into the alt, and i looked at all of the other write ups for the 3g upgrade and they all say that you reuse the lower bolt, anybody have idea's?

I reused my bolt...maybe just make the hole bigger?
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

here is what tim talking about. could i just use a thinner bolt with the same thread count

-

-

-

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats nothin, Just use a drill slightly biiger but not to big [Big Grin] we still want a tight fit [Razz]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by SPEC -Fabrication:
Thats nothin, Just use a drill slightly biiger but not to big [Big Grin] we still want a tight fit [Razz]

do i just fit a drill bit the same size and start drilling?
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it cheaper to just piece the kit together from an autoparts store or to buy a kit from pa performance?

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
Is it cheaper to just piece the kit together from an autoparts store or to buy a kit from pa performance?

piece it together, it cost me a total of $230 give or take a piece dollars, just the alt from paperformance is $200 plus the wiring kit.and if the alt goes out for some reason you dont have to wait a while for them to get it, fix it and send it back, if you buy from pepboys or kragen you can go and get another one the same day.
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good deal.
So you just the got the upgraded wiring and small parts kit from pa perf. then?

--------------------
90 Notch

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
Good deal.
So you just the got the upgraded wiring and small parts kit from pa perf. then?

only thing i bought from paperformance was the upgraded power wire kit and strator wire. i got the 3g alt from pepboys. i got the upper bolt 2in 3/8 coarse thread and nut from kragen.
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ok cool. I'm putting it on a vortech bracket so i don't think i need the bolt.
Thanks

--------------------
90 Notch

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Originally posted by SPEC -Fabrication:

do i just fit a drill bit the same size and start drilling?
anyone?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mine didn't have a problem, but if the bolt is too large for the hole then use a drill bit that is slightly larger than your bolt you are trying to use to enlarge the hole in the alternator, no big deal.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by blind:
mine didn't have a problem, but if the bolt is too large for the hole then use a drill bit that is slightly larger than your bolt you are trying to use to enlarge the hole in the alternator, no big deal.

sweet tomorrow ill get a drill bit and it should be done tomorrow night.
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

almost done. had a few hishaps, stud for the power cable snapped off,and starter relay broke.
other than that everything is on.

-

-

-

[ January 23, 2006, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what are you going to do about the broken stud? easy out? How did that happen? you should return it and get a new one...be easier than fixing it lol [patriot]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com